Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Roxy's Grilled Cheese

I don't know whether to be ecstatic about this weather or deadly afraid that the world is going to end any day now. Especially living in Boston...we're gonna be some of the first people to die when all the glaciers melt and flood the continents. Oh well...I guess there's nothing we can do about it but enjoy this gorgeous weather!

And what better way to enjoy great weather than taking to the streets for some good ole food truck food?

I watched Food Network's The Great Food Truck Race all summer and nearly turned into a crazy fangirl the first time I actually saw Roxy's Grilled Cheese on the streets of Boston. I mean, it's practically like running into Johnny Depp on the sidewalk! Well...almost. Speaking of meeting celebrities...I totally saw Tyra Banks at Raleigh-Durham airport this weekend, but these two girls next to me ran up to her and her body guard was like "be quiet..no pictures!" HOW RUDE!

Anywho...back to oozy, melty, gooey grilled cheese! Now, Roxy's comes to BU every weekend and I had tried them before, but I must admit I wasn't blown away. Me and my mom ordered the Mighty Rib Melt and it was good, but not OHMYGOD good. There's a huge difference.


Alas, this weekend as my mom was dropping me back off at school. (If you hadn't noticed, I love when my mom comes to visit because then I have a real excuse to try all these non-dining hall foods...for free). We decided to go to the SOWA winter market to kill sometime. There's a lot more stuff in the summertime, but my favorites When Pigs Fly and Q's Nuts were there! Those deserve their own post another time though.

After our shopping (and filling up on When Pigs Fly bread samples) we decided on Roxy's for lunch. I was surprised there were only 2 food trucks there. There were like 8-10 when I went in the fall. That was another down side, but oh well.


We were going to get the Rookie Melt, but they hadn't gotten their tomato delivery yet, so we eventually decided on the Winter Classic. And man, am I glad we did! It was Vermont cheddar, white bean and eggplant ragout, and an artichoke spread.


The flavors went together perfectly! It seemed like an odd combination to me at first, but anything that contains melted cheese with artichokes is bound to be delicious! You couldn't really taste the beans, but there were a lot in there. And the eggplant added a nice flavor to the entire sandwich.

So I suppose my only complaint about Roxy's now is their variety of sandwiches. I think they should have more changes or a more rotating menu. I remember last fall they had a Mushroom Lovers sandwich, but of course they stopped serving it the week before I went there. With more variety, I would definitely consider returning there for lunch over the summer.

Happy Wednesday everyone and enjoy this great weather! (while you still can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment