Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Beautiful Day in Boston and Bisuteki Tokyo

Happy Thursday!! (Or as I like to call it...one day before Hockey Playoffs (college) and Spring Break! Yay!)

It is a gorgeous day in Boston today!


For real, I can't get enough of this place. Also..I shall show you a picture of a beautiful sight I happened to stumble upon on my sunset run yesterday evening. I was crossing the Charles when I realized several people stopped and looking out over the water. After determining that no one had jumped or fallen overboard, I saw what everyone was looking at. The moon!! The kind of moon that is all huge and stuff because it's so close to the horizon. It was awesome! But of course I was running so had no form of camera with me. (Can anyone tell me why iPod Nano's have video cameras but not regular cameras?)

But don't fear...I am good at thinking on my feet and realized that my roommate was at work nearby. So naturally, I ran into work said "give me your phone, I need to take a picture!" and ran out. Of course the moon had risen a little bit by then so it wasn't as big and beautiful, but it's still a pretty awesome picture.


I love how you can see the boats in the foreground and then like three major Boston landmarks, (the Citgo sign, Pru, and Hancock Tower) I'm such an artist!

So back to today. It was a perfect day for a walk. So we headed over to Cambridge (fighting the gail force winds the entire way [but at least they were warm winds for once]) and went to this Japanese Steakhouse that I found online. It's called Bisuteki Tokyo and it was the only Hibachi Grill I could find in the Boston area.

It's located on the first floor of the hotel and when we got there, a half an hour after they opened for lunch, the place was completely dead. The hostess was even asleep behind the register and it took us a good 5 minutes to even notice she was there. But after this, things looked up.

For the appetizer, we received some "house Japanese onion soup." Oh my god was it delicious!


It may not look like much, but the broth was the most delicious broth I have literally ever tasted. And aside from the mushrooms and scallions on top, there were fried onions on the bottom. So good! Also, any soup tastes delicious with those giant, awesome spoons...just saying.

For the meal, I ordered the Teriyaki Chicken (8.95) and Delaney ordered the Steak and Shrimp (9.95). For those of you who haven't been to a Hibachi Grill before, here's how it works. You sit right in front of the grill..


and then a Japanese chef comes to you and cooks up all your veggies and fried rice (if you order it for the extra $1.95 over white rice....ORDER THE FRIED RICE! Fried rice on a Hibachi grill is the most delicious fried rice you will ever have..I promise you!) And then of course they cook up your meats and deliver it straight to your plate all steaming hot and delicious.

The chef's definitely have a lot of fun in the process. The one we had today wasn't phenomenal, but then again he only had a crowd of two so maybe they're more lively during the dinner rush. But he still put on a good show with the classic onion volcano and such.


As far as the food, I would say it was just okay. The fried rice was amazing, but it always is. I think the Hibachi Grill back where I live (in rural Upstate New York) was better than this...go figure. But it was still really good. You can't go wrong with grilled veggies and teriyaki chicken. And the portion sizes were absolutely perfect for lunch!


Maybe my standards were just set too high after that amazing soup. The chicken was just a little bland. He put teriyaki sauce on it, but it could've used more soy sauce or salt or something. Other than that, it was really good. Just not the best. Besides that soup!!

I'm sure it would still be a great time with a large group of friends for dinner! And remember...ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS get the fried rice! So worth the $1.95!

That's all for today. I hope that wherever you are, you are also experiencing fantastic weather! Happy Spring everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment