Monday, April 30, 2012

Southwest Salad

Yay!! Monday's almost over! One week from today I'll be on the New York Thruway heading towards my house!!!!! I can't wait for a few weeks to just veg out on the couch and relax, and cook lots of FOOD! Especially after this crazy week!

I had the most delicious salad for lunch today and it's super simple! It's Southwest Week at the salad place in the food court I work at. My favorite week!


It consists of...

  • lettuce (duh!)
  • corn
  • black beans
  • Mexican rice
  • beets (because I am in love with beets and put them in every single salad now)
  • mushrooms
  • sunflower seeds**
I ate it with Avocado Caesar dressing (heaven), some polenta, and a piece of cornbread. Perfection!

**I would recommend using those tri-colored tortilla chips (or even just a handful of tortilla chips crumbled up) instead of sunflower seeds. I was just trying to be more healthy after eating Blueberry Yogurt-Covered Pretzels for dinner last night.


They are seriously heaven. End of story. And I have so many dining points to use up, so....

Honestly I only bought a huge bag of them because I figured that would prevent me from having to keep going back to the store to buy more. But it actually just made me eat an entire bag in one sitting.


Oops.

So yeah...I ate lots of salads and healthy stuff today. (And now I'm working on the huge bag of banana chips that I also bought this weekend.)

Help me.

I hope everyone has an awesome week! Good luck on everyone's finals and papers and final projects!


What's your favorite salad combo?

No comments:

Post a Comment