Monday, April 2, 2012

My "Last Meal" at Paris Creperie

I have made it through two days with no meat, eggs, fish, dairy or processed foods. And you know what? I'm not starving...I'm not exhausted...I'm not completely void of energy...It's really not so bad. I don't think I would be able to do this though if I didn't go to BU. They have so many food options for vegans and vegetarians. It's great. And their granola is vegan and made fresh everyday...so if I get hungry, that's a great, healthy way to fuel me up!

The only time I really regret this is when I'm at work. Serving people cheeseburgers, tater tots and milkshakes all day isn't fun when you can't have it. Now...I have never actually ordered any of these things from where I work, but now that I know I can't have them....they just look so damn good!

So after the Hunger Games on Friday night, me and my roomie went to Paris Creperie for our last regular meal before we started this diet.


I have a problem. It's called every-time-I-go-to-a-restaurant-I-always-order-the-same-thing-itis. It's a real disease, Google it. I know I should expand my horizons and order something different every time, but if I try something once and love it. Why wouldn't I get the same thing next time?? It just makes sense.

So long story short, I ordered the same thing that I ordered last time I was here with my mom a few months ago. A French Toast Crepe. This is under the breakfast crepes part of the menu. I tell you this because the menu is HUGE! And there are a million categories of delicious crepeness.

The french toast crepe comes with your choice of fruit. I got banana, of course!


It had a very thin layer of egg surrounding the inside of the crepe, so I don't know if they cook it right on top of the crepe or what, but it really fascinates me. I tried something similar over winter break, but I just ended up cooking my egg really flat in a large skillet and laying it on top of my crepe. Check out my crepe recipe HERE.

Then it had grilled bananas, powdered sugar, and the perfect amount of maple syrup. It was delicious. (Obviously, since I ordered it for the second time in a row when there's a menu FULL of amazing sounding crepes).



For a drink we split the Mango Passion Smoothie: mango juice, strawberries, peaches, and pineapple sorbet. It was very good and healthy-tasting.


How adorable are we?


We also ended up getting the Nutella "Smoothie" because our friend works there and no one would shut up about how delicious it was. So we got it and split it among all of us. I'm not a huge Nutella fan. I know, I know. An angry mob is probably on their way to hunt me down right now, but I really just don't see what all they hype is about. Give me peanut butter any day.


It's called Nutella Frozen Hot Chocolate and I guess it's not that bad for you, because it's only Nutella, skim milk and frozen yogurt. One sip will leave you thinking that you just consumed a thousand calories. It is so rich!! But not too rich..which is a very fine line. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would (even though I was still wishing that someone would make a peanut butter version instead...and with bananas too..yummm!) But nevertheless, it was definitely a guilty pleasure and, like I said, not THAT bad for you.

So if you're part of the 99% of Americans who would marry Nutella if they could, I would definitely recommend ordering this.

I hope you all survived April Fool's Day without any heart attacks and without killing any of your friends and family. Happy Monday and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment