Saturday, February 11, 2012

Roast Beast

Well...my life has been pretty anti-climactic lately. I guess after you watch the Giants beat the Patriots in the Superbowl in Boston, you can really only go down from there. Oh well, it's a price I will willingly play. Although I still have no idea what I'm going to do with myself all day tomorrow. When does football season start again??

I finally watched The Silence of the Lambs. Now, I like scary movies. I am OBSESSED with the Paranormal Activity movies! (Well, mostly just the second one, but they're all fun to go to and just stare at the people you're watching the movie with...I'm telling you..THAT is entertainment!) But my point is, this is one movie that I was absolutely petrified to see! And I have my mother to thank for that. She had me convinced that I would not be able to sleep for years and when I did fall asleep all I would dream about was killer cannibals (not that regular non-killer cannibals are any better...in fact, they are probably worse).

But I am here to ease your minds, readers who have not yet seen it. It is not that scary. Creepy as hell? Yes. Clever as hell? Yup. One of the better storylines I've ever seen/read? Definitely. But not super scary. Even my roommate who gets scared during the trailers for scary movies admitted that in hindsight, it wasn't that bad. (Even though she was half-crying throughout the entire thing..no exaggeration).  So case and point, definitely see this movie. It's brilliant! And Anthony Hopkins is a God. That is all.

The second interesting thing to happen to me A.S. (After Superbowl) was going to Roast Beast. It's a tiny hole-in-the-wall/ground restaurant on the Eastern edge of Allston. I've head people rave about it since I came to school here and finally tried it out for myself! Their menu is very simple. You get roast beef (duh), on your choice of bun (onion, whole wheat or classic deli) with your choice of a million different sauces (including their famous Thermonuclear Sauce) and then your choice of toppings (lettuce, tomato, onions, and a million cheeses). And that's it. Simple.

I went with the onion roll after hearing wonderful things about it on Yelp. (Oh and you also choose regular, large or mega) I went with regular and it was perfect to fill me up, even after a long workout at the gym. And I got the sweet hot chipotle sauce with lettuce, tomatoes, and caramelized onions. So good!


My friend ordered the same only she got the Thermonuclear Sauce because she clearly has no taste buds. (There's a challenge to eat a mega-sized sandwich with the Thermonuclear Sauce in 5 minutes in order to get a free T-shirt. Now, I don't know about you but I don't think I could even eat a plain mega-sized sandwich in 5 minutes, but that's besides the point). Anyway, she said the sauce was really good and "not that hot." Yeah, okay. I'll take her word.


There's the blurry insides of my sandwich. (I forgot to bring my camera and I have THE crappiest cell phone on the face of the planet..so don't even). Mmmm I love caramelized onions!!

My friend also got the spicy pickles that are also raved about. For 50 cents you get a tiny little sauce container without about 5 pickle slices in it. But man, were they good! They definitely had a spicy kick at the end, but definitely the best pickles I've ever had.

So overall, I recommend it. The regular-sized sandwich is $6. My total came to $7.22 because they charge extra for tomatoes and onions (really?) and even more if you want cheese, so be prepared. But I think it was worth my money and I'll definitely be returning there in the summer when I'm no longer on BU's dining plan.

Have a great rest of your weekend! And all my football fans out there...hang in there tomorrow...it's only like 8 more months... =\

No comments:

Post a Comment