Sunday, December 18, 2011

One Week Until Christmas!

Happy Sunday! Now I would usually be too distracted with football to post right now, but the Giants are sucking it up big time, so I need something to distract me from this depressing, pathetic excuse for a game on my TV. And what better way than to talk about food?? Italian food nonetheless!

For dinner in NYC we went to Pietrasanta, on 9th and 47th thanks to the recommendation of my friend Vic. And let me tell you, we weren't disappointed! Food was very fairly priced...between $16 and $20 an entree. We started out with some yummy Italian bread and a delicious tomato basil hummus.


For our entrees, I ordered the Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto. Now, I have never had a risotto that I didn't love, but I wasn't really impressed with this one. It wasn't quite creamy enough for me and there was something, perhaps the Pecorino Cheese, that gave it an odd, almost bitter, taste. There were, however, giant pieces of mushroom which really impressed me. 


Delaney settled on the Fettuccine di Spinaci con Melanzane. This was very delicious, but it didn't have any roasted eggplant in it as promised in the description, but was still very tasty.


And what I thought was the most delicious entree...the Gnocchi Torrese. Oh my goodness I can't even describe how good this was! I was so jealous that I didn't order it, but luckily Vic let me have a bite...or four. The gnocchi itself was so soft and creamy and just overall amazing!


Then, even though our stomachs could not possibly fit another bite, Vic convinced us that their chocolate mousse would be worth any puking that it may later cause. And that was all the convincing we needed. And again, it definitely did not disappoint!


Just look at it...it tasted as good as it looks. Enough said. And trust me, I am very picky about my chocolate mousse, and this was close to perfect. Bravo Pietrasanta, Bravo!

From here, we took a long walk up to Columbus Circle and around Central Park in a pointless attempt to work off some of that food. Then we kind of ran out of stuff to do. I know what you're thinking...in New York City? But we were too cheap to go see a show and none of the movies were playing at good times. So naturally, we went back to Times Square to take more ridiculous pictures, but this time...at night!


Have a great rest of your weekend! And Giants...GET IT TOGETHER!

No comments:

Post a Comment