Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Lazy Lazy Days and Mini Pecan Pies

So..I'm home. And I'm so bored. But am I doing anything about this? Nope. Instead I am sitting on the couch watching Top Chef reruns and cooking and baking the days away. Don't judge me, it's called winter VACATION for a reason!

I would like to share with you a miracle! (in theory) These Pecan Pie muffins are only 120 calories andddd they tasted EXACTLY like a mini pecan pie!! Amazing right? That's what I thought, but the only problem is that they are mini-muffins and the more you eat that 120 calories just continue to multiply, but regardless...you will still feel better eating these than a giant slice of pecan pie. And the recipe is super simple.

Pecan Pie Muffins
*makes 24 mini muffins*
120 calories per muffin

Ingredients
1 cup pecans
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs
2/3 cups of melted butter

Directions
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix all ingredients together. (I did it all at once and they came out perfect)
Pour into mini-muffin pans. (or regular muffin pan if you'd like but you'll need to adjust cooking time)
Bake for 18 minutes.

That's it! Simple right? So what are you waiting for? You deserve these after a stressful holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment