Saturday, December 17, 2011

NYC Continued

Hello all and Happy Weekend!

I should be studying for my Ethics final that I have in an hour and a half, but I am the worst studier in all the land so I decided a new blog post was much more important. According to John Stuart Mill's Utilitarianism, my action is morally permissible because the total amount of pleasure (from sharing my wonderful stories and pictures of New York City and delicious food with you) outweighs the pain I will experience if I am not 150% ready for this final. See? I'm golden.

Anywho, I would like to continue discussing the amazingness that was my trip to NYC. After lunch, we headed over to Times Square and took a lot of dorky pictures to make ourselves look as much like tourists as humanly possible. I, personally, think we did a wonderful job of this.


Don't you agree? And then we went to the Disney Store (which used to be on 5th Avenue near the Apple Store and FAO Schwarz, but they moved it to Times Square and I must say...I was very disappointed. It was not nearly as amazing as the old one! It was all just kid crap. Now come on...there are plenty of respectable adults [and 19 year olds] who LOVE Disney, and although a giant stuffed Bolt is amazing, we want grown up things too. For instance, I got this awesome purse with rainbow Mickey heads all over it at the old store, and me and my mom would always get those antennae toppers with the characters head on them to put on my car. The new Times Square location...purse and antennae topper free. They also didn't have anything from Up, which is clearly the best Disney movie ever [okay, maybe top 5] Wow, this was a really long side note, I will end it now).


Did you know they left the 2011 ball up all  year? Me neither! From there we went to Macy's and looked at all the 5th Avenue windows. This one was my favorite because it reminds me of me and my mom baking, and I miss baking and cooking so much. One more week until I'm home in my own kitchen!


From here we went to the Rockefeller Center. It is absolutely gorgeous (and crowded!) at Christmas time. I can't wait for the day I get to go ice skating there.




And then my friend Vic finally took us to Magnolia Bakery after talking about how delicious the cupcakes and cheesecakes were all day! I got a plain vanilla cupcake because the pickings were kind of slim, and it had an adorable snowman and mitten on top and my friend Delaney got a pumpkin cupcake (ew!) Mine was actually really good! The cake part was a little bland but that could be because I didn't eat it until the next day and it sat in the fridge, but the frosting was amazing!! I also had a bite of the evil pumpkin cupcake just to say I did and I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't really taste much like pumpkin. The cake had a spice cake, fally flavor to it and the frosting was delicious mapley goodness!


My friend Vic got the Red Velvet Cheesecake, but of course I forgot to ask if she liked it and Delaney also got the Vanilla Bean Cheesecake which was also very good. It was the perfect, thick richness that every good cheesecake needs! I'm going to leave you hanging for now, because dinner was--by far--the best part of our entire trip! So if you're going to NYC tomorrow make sure you read my post before you decide on a restaurant for dinner, or you'll be really sorry you missed it! Have a great rest of your weekend and GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment