Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Banana Pancakes for One

Let's get one thing out in the open. I love breakfast. Love love LOVE breakfast!

Pancakes.

French Toast.

Oatmeal.

ANYTHING combining bananas and peanut butter and/or Nutella.

I go crazy.

Now let's get another thing out in the open. I'm a very routine kind of gal. Which often leads to me having the same exact thing every single morning for breakfast. 2 slices of toast (or bagel thins if I accidentally pass them in the grocery store and they fly into my cart), one slice gets covered in peanut butter (Peter Pan Honey Roast Crunch to be exact) and one slice gets covered in Nutella and then I slice up a banana and layer 9 slices on top of each slice.

I then proceed to eat half the peanut butter slice, then half the Nutella, then peanut butter, then finish with Nutella. Everysinglemorning!

But lately, I've been craving delicious breakfast foods. I just don't have time. (Waking up earlier is not an option).

I did make THESE peanut butter banana oatmeal squares one night last week and then heated one up in the morning, topped it with even MORE peanut butter and caramelized bananas. Heaven.


I apologize that that is such a bad picture, but it was early and the smell of caramelized bananas and peanut butter was intoxicating my brain.

So once I spoiled myself once, I was hooked and was craving delicious breakfasts all week. And I've been craving pancakes forEVER! I make THE most delicious whole wheat blueberry pancakes, but I think I'm the only one who would eat them and there is no room in our tiny refrigerator for pancake leftovers.

My prayers were answered when I stumbled across the pancake section of Katie's blog. And if you've never checked out her blog, you need to do it RIGHT NOW! It's a healthy dessert blog made with real foods and vegan-friendly foods. It's great.

And the best part? Pancakes for one!

I, of course, made the banana pancakes (with a few variations of my own) and it was super simple! I even had time to do it on my 7 am day! So if I can squeeze this into my morning routine, so can you!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash of salt
half a banana (mashed)
1/4 cup fat free milk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Directions:
1. Mix up your dry ingredients.


2. Then mix up your wet ingredients.


3. Then combine them all together and throw them down on a hot skillet!

Easy.


I added more sliced bananas and blueberries to mine for good measure.

This made 3 pancakes for me, but my third was pretty big so you could probably get away with 4. And it's all for under 300 calories!

The lack of eggs did make them a little hard to flip and they weren't quite as fluffy as regular pancakes, but they still tasted GREAT!


Who doesn't want a pancake breakfast on a regular workday morning? And all in under 15 minutes.

I know I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment