Monday, January 9, 2012

RIP Skipper

I lost one of my dearest friends last week. Skipper James Losada. My ten-year-old beagle who has been with me through EVERYTHING. We got him right around my parents divorce and he has been by my side to listen and console me through everything since. He got very sick in the past few months and me and my mom, unfortunately, had to make the horrible decision to put him down. I know that he's much happier right now, chasing squirrels up in puppy heaven than he was hear on Earth coughing 24/7 and probably in a lot of pain. But that doesn't make this any easier.

I have had dogs all my life so it is so weird not to have one around. The house is so empty! It's weird how much I still expect him to be there. I walk in my room and the first thing I do is look on my bed to see if he's laying there. When I turn off the TV for the night, I still walk toward the back door to let him out. I keep leaving a little bite of food on my plate for him to eat. It's very weird.

I go back to school in a week so it will get a lot easier for me, but I feel awful for my mom. I hate that she has to come back to an empty house. I hope she gets another dog..it would be good for her. It's going to be so weird not receiving a million adorable pictures of Skipper all the time. All in all, it just sucks. This is the only bad part about pet ownership. They're family. And when they die, you have lost family.

This is our last family picture.


And this is the most priceless picture ever...the only thing that could make it better is if the tree was half falling over in the background.


This is what happens when he decides he want the biscuit strategically placed in front of the camera BEFORE the picture takes. Haha I miss him so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment