Friday, January 27, 2012

The Cake Boss

So week one of waiting for the Superbowl is nearly over...and it's Friday!! Yay! And now that I've officially had a full week of class and work, I am very happy with my schedule! Also, I went on a 4 mile run along the Esplanade yesterday morning (because I don't have class until 2 =] ) and it was wonderful! The Charles is so beautiful that you almost forget how out of breath you are and how much you want to stop. Almost.

See...I'm trying to force myself to become a runner because I generally gravitate towards any from of exercising EXCEPT running, but...it is a wonderful workout. Trust me, I can tell by how every single part of my body is almost too sore to move today. So I suppose I'll do regular weights at the gym tomorrow and try this whole long run thing again on Sunday. Who knows, I may develop a habit and actually start to like it. (Of course all of this is shot to hell if winter starts to actually show up and it's not in the 40s and 50s all the time, but I'll jump that hurdle when I get there).

But anywho, I digress. Oh yes...we were talking about the Superbowl!! Check out this awesome cake Buddy Valastro, star of TLC's Cake Boss made for the G-men.


Adorable! And a very accurate account of what is actually going to happen!

Fun Fact: I've actually met Buddy Valastro. Yuppers....it's true. On my birthday last year. Don't believe me? I'll prove it.


Bam! (Check out my crazy red hair! Oh the things we do when we're young and crazy!)



I mean, come on...that is RED! But anyway, I digress again. Buddy came to BU's bookstore last year on my birthday!!! It's like he knew! So I ran down there between class and work in the pouring rain, bought his book for an obscene amount of money, waited in line for an obscene amount of time, and got him to sign it and take his picture with me.


He even said "Happy Birthday" to me. I'm practically famous! And NO...before you say it, that is a rushed "18", not a "16". People need to stop ruining my brush with fame by trying to tell me he got my age wrong. He was just in a hurry. Or busy dreaming about all the gorgeous, delicious cakes he should be making instead.

So there you go, if I hadn't likeed him a lot already, his cakes for the Giants made me like him that much more! You can check out more of his cake designs for past weeks on the Giants' facebook page. And hopefully one of these days I'll get the chance to go down to New Jersey and stand in another ridiculously long line to pay an even more ridiculous high price for one of his cakes!

Have a fabulous weekend everybody! For all the sports fans out there, enjoy the Pro Bowl. My favorite players won't be there for me to root for, and my least favorite players won't be there for me to wish bad things upon, so sadly..I have no reason to watch. And as always...GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment