Friday, January 20, 2012

First Week of Classes!

I am DONE with my first week of classes! Yay! And something amazing has happened...I thoroughly enjoy every single class that I am taking! It feels good to be done with liberal arts classes I really don't care about! And this is probably a really good sign that I have chosen the correct major for me.

Here's a review:
Spanish: Awesome. I can tell we're definitely learning more advanced stuff, but it's not as intimidating as I thought it was going to be. My professor is adorable in his cute little sweater vests and he seems very helpful.
Storytelling for Film and Television: Although this class seemed to drag on, I still really liked the professor and I only have lecture once a week so I guess that's the price you pay. I've always been interested in screenwriting but didn't really know where to begin and I think this class will help me and enable me to get some great ideas down on paper. Also..our movie-viewing list is full of awesome movies, such as Ordinary People (haven't seen yet, but have heard wonderful things), One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (love it!), The Godfather (didn't really get it the first time around but I'll have to give it a second chance), Sixth Sense (awesome!), and The Shawshank Redemption.
Writing for Mass Communications: This class is going to be the most relevant and helpful towards my major because we are learning how to write everything I'm going to encounter later in my career (including blogs!) Plus, my teacher's cute and quirky and she managed to make a 3 hour class completely bearable. Kudos!
Persuasion and Public Opinion: I had my doubts at first. The first class was very boring, but it got better! My professor has this very dry humor that only about 5 of us in the class get and burst out laughing. He talks about interesting topics which made class go by relatively quickly, I just have no idea where we're going with any of this. What are we going to be writing papers or taking tests about? I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I have also been eating very healthily since I returned to campus, which I LOVE BU's dining options! I'm already excited for Extreme Pita for dinner (which is a Canadian chain that serves small and large pitas with your choice of filling [grilled chicken, steak, turkey, veggie, buffalo chicken, etc] with grilled mushrooms, peppers and onions if you'd like, plus the rest of the pita is filled with whatever you'd like, Subway-style. Each small pita clocks in around 300 calories and they are plenty big to fill me up! And if I'm extra hungry, a large usually doesn't break 500. Love it!

Well, I need to go get ready for the BU Men's Hockey game. Go Terriers!! And speaking of team spirit..is it Sunday yet??????? My Christmas present from my step mom came in the mail last night just in time!!


CRUUUUUZZZZZ! GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment