Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cake Batter Blondies

So..this happened.


They were on sale! Seriously, I need a chaperone to come shopping with me at all times. It's a real problem.

But then something else happened...and before I knew it, I had all the ingredients I needed to make Cake Batter Blondies sitting on my counter.


Seriously...I need help.

But anywho...something absolutely wonderful came out of my oven yesterday! One of the most delicious things I have ever eaten. The only thing I might find wrong with it is the fact that it is reallyyyyyy reallyyyyyy sweet! Like almost too sweet.

Almost.

I got this recipe from HERE and it is so simple to make!



Just combine all your dry ingredients, and then throw in the wet ones and pop it in the oven! And then try to wait before shoveling into your mouth. It's not as easy as it sounds.


This is what it looks like when it first comes out...although this picture doesn't nearly do it justice! And the smell!! Why have they not invented smellivision yet?? Seriously scientists, it can't be that hard!


So this is where the hard part comes in. You have to wait at least 20-30 minutes for the gooey, amazing center to set before you cut into it. (Or  you could just dig in with a spoon...I won't judge you.)

But after you cut into it, here is the amazingness that awaits you. I'll let these pictures speak their thousands of words.




Look how gooey and amazing! It tasted like pure cake batter!

And it may look like the edges would be the parts that you want to avoid because the center is pure gooey goodness, but the edges are just as amazing! It's just delicious throughout!

You need these in your life. And please mail me some!

Cake Batter Blondies

Ingredients

  • 1 box of yellow cake mix
  • 1/4 cup of sprinkles
  • 1/4 cup of canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of milk (may need a little more if the batter doesn't come together with 1/4 cup)
  • 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips (optional: I put them in mine, but I think it would taste equally delicious without. So your call.)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Stir cake mix and sprinkles together.
  3. Add in oil and egg and stir until combined.
  4. Add in milk and stir until batter comes together.
  5. Add in white chocolate chips, if using.
  6. Place into a greased 8x8 pan and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The outer edges will be golden brown, but it will still look a little undercooked in the middle. It's supposed to!!
  7. Enjoy by the fistful or spoonful.

No comments:

Post a Comment