Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sexy Sherlock and Crepes

So...I finally got to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows!! And let me say...I was NOT disappointed. I must say, I was skeptical when I heard everyone saying that it blows the first one out of the water because, who are we kidding, the first one was incredible! But...I must agree! It was incredible. I love how realistic, yet still in-depth, they are. You have to have half a brain to completely understand it which I love. And it's also quite hilarious. If you haven't seen it yet, what are you waiting for? Me and my mom even Netflixed the first one just to watch it again because now we're Sherlock obsessed. And I really want to go see the second one again to see if I can catch everything the second time around. And I must say...I LOVED the ending. Which is rare for me. It takes a lot for me to enjoy an ending, and this one did not fail to wow me. And of course I need to mention the best part of the movie, which I think can be best summed up by my roommate's facebook post from the other day..

"Okay... Sherlock Holmes was really good. But there was one really big problem I had with it and it needs to be resolved: is Robert Downey Jr. or Jude Law the hotter of the two?"


I, or course, would choose Downey, but it is a very close competition. My mom said, "Duh...Jude Law." So I suppose this is one of the movie's questions that just cannot be answered.

Anywho..something you should know about me..I love breakfast! Especially sweet breakfasts. So I have decided to tackle the deliciousness that is called crepes.

I decided to start with this recipe from Allrecipes.com.

However, I forgot to read the directions and kind of just threw all the ingredients together, but luckily it still turned out fine. This recipe is also supposed to make 4 crepes but I used a lot more batter than called for for each crepe because the first one was so thin that it just ripped apart when I pulled it out of the pan. I suppose if I had greased it perfectly it would have came out better, but anyway I guess I just like my crepes thicker. So for me..this recipe made one super-thin broken crepe and two perfect ones.




Crepes
Ingredients
         1/3 cup all-purpose flour
         1/4 teaspoon white sugar
         1/8 teaspoon salt
         1 eggs
         2/3 cup milk
         2 teaspoons butter, melted

Directions
1. Sift together flour, sugar and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk together with an electric mixer. Beat in flour mixture until smooth; stir in melted butter.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 2 tablespoons for each crepe. Tip and rotate pan to spread batter as thinly as possible. Brown on both sides and serve hot.



I then filled my mom's with some cinnamon sugar, pecans and coconut. For mine, I sliced up a banana in thin slices (length-wise) and heated up a skillet over medium heat. I sprayed with nonstick spray and sprinkled a cinnamon sugar mixture on one side of the bananas. Then I put then into the skillet sugared side down and let them grill for a few minutes while sprinkling the other sides with more cinnamon sugar. Then I flipped them and let the other side caramelize. Then I just laid them on my crepe and folded it over. We sprinkled them with powdered sugar to be all fancy and ate with maple syrup...because quite frankly, I have an unhealthy obsession with maple syrup and would put it on ANYTHING if I could. I tell you..I'm as bad as Will Ferrell from Elf. But we won't go there, because crepes are a perfectly normal thing to put syrup on.

Enjoy these gorgeous pictures and fire up the skillet.


Mother's pecan and coconut..



Check out those gorgeous grilled bananas...they taste even better than they look!


Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment